Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Case Manager Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Henrico Doctors' Hospital Forest!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Case Manager Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the hospital. While providing clinical and administrative support on the unit, you will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan that meets each patients needs. You will also coordinate unit activities and assure accountability of all assigned tasks.
- Your Primary function in this role is to Performs admission and concurrent review for all payers and maintains legible documentation as directed by the Utilization Management Plan
- As a member of Case Management team you will apply the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Screens/Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- You will refer patients who require extended care post discharge to long-term care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arrange for the patients transfer.
- You responsibility includes to Identify, track, and record Alternative Care Days (ACDs). Intervene to prevent or decrease ACDs as appropriate..
- Initiate denial and appeal process in accordance with policy. Refers HINN letters to Director.
Coordinate patient's discharge planning and Provide crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patients and familys problem solving and coping skills. Counsel patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
What qualifications you will need:
- Required Five + years of recent clinical experience as RN years demonstrated leadership experience
- Commercial Utilization Management and/or Case Management experience; Quality Management Experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Licensed a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or has a Compact license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Henrico Doctors Hospitalhas provided quality healthcare services to the Richmond community since 1974. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our340-bed hospitalis one of the region's leading acute care facilities. The hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, womens health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We are a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through theVirginia Transplant Center. As part of theVirginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we drive the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards. The awards includeTop 100 Hospitalby Truven Health Analytics, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, and Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award. We have many other Five-Star clinical achievements re... Please click HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website