TOG-St Davids Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently.Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care?Submit your application for Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse PRN position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At TOG-St Davids Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic AssistanceandReimbursementsfor Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home,Auto, andPet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term&Long Term Disabilitycoverage
- Legal Benefitsand lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at TOG-St Davids Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Cardiac Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (RN) you will provide safe and effective care to a diverse group of inpatient and outpatient cardiac patients. As a nurse in the Cardiac Rehab department, you will collaborate with Exercise Physiologists, Physicians and Allied Health Technicians.
* You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient at the time of admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly
What qualifications you will need:
* 3 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) with at least 1 year of experience working with cardiac patients
* Experience working in a Telemetry Unit or Coronary Care Unit preferred
* Experience as a Patient Care Technician in an acute care setting OR Capstone rotation in a St. Davids HealthCare facility preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
St. Davids Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the regions largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. Davids Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. Davids Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, womens services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. Davids Medical Center is part of St. Davids HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. Davids HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits St. Davids Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.HERE to view full job description.
Apply on company website