Staff Pharmacist - Per Diem
Medical Plaza Pharmacy (Retail)
Lake Charles, LA
Description: As a per diem, nonexempt, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Staff Pharmacist at Medical Plaza Pharmacy, you'll evaluate and interpret orders and dispense medications according to written orders/prescriptions issued by an authorized prescriber to ensure a safe and optimal patient and customer outcome, maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances, enter orders and patient information with accuracy, counsel patients on their prescriptions, supervise Pharmacy Technicians, and update the Pharmacy Manager regarding daily activities of the pharmacy and aid in maintaining the pharmacy.
Schedule: This position will work up to 19 hours per week, providing coverage "as needed". This position has no regularly scheduled hours. This position will also help provide coverage at Moss Memorial Clinic.
About the Facility: Medical Plaza Pharmacy is open Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm and is a stand alone pharmacy that is located within Lake Charles Memorial Hospital by the medical staff offices. This pharmacy will provide services to discharged patients, hospital employees and the retail community. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing in LA
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- At least 1 year of previous experience as a Pharmacist in a retail or hospital setting
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
Benefits: All CPS Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match and for the EAP (employee assistance program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC is one of the nation's largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.cpspharm.com/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website