Staff Pharmacist - Per Diem
UH Rehabilitation Hospital
We are currently seeking a Per Diem Staff Pharmacist to complete a temporary assignment at UH Rehabilitation Hospital. This position will only last until March 31st, 2021. After that date, there is no guarantee of employment.
Description: As a per diem, nonexempt, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Staff Pharmacist, you will fill orders with accuracy; check technician-prepared products before release; maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances; enter orders and patient information with accuracy; aid in the training of new staff; update the Director about the daily activities of the pharmacy; and aid the Director in maintaining the pharmacy.
Schedule: This position will work 8 hours per week, every other weekend Saturday-Sunday from 8:00am-12:00pm, Monday from 8:00am-12:00pm, and Friday from 2:00pm-5:00pm.
About the Facility: UH Rehabilitation Hospital in Beachwood, Ohio, is a 50 bed, Joint Commission accredited hospital, with an average daily census of 35 patients. Their goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so they can return home. The relatively new 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a variety of conditions including: Amputation, Brain injury,Neurological conditions,Orthopaedic injury, Spinal cord injury, Stroke, Trauma. There are no outpatient services are provided at this facility. UH Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare Corporation. The two-story, 53,450-square-foot hospital is located on a beautifully landscaped 5.8-acre site. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS.
About the Pharmacy: The pharmacy is centralized with utilization of Omnicell and MEDIC software. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30 pm and Saturday & Sundays from 8am to12pm. There is remove order entry services provided when this pharmacy is closed.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing in OH
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years or experience working in a hospital pharmacy required
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
- (PPD) TB 2-step - Proof of negative TB test within the last 12 months
- (MMR) Measles, Mumps and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Hepatitis B
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
Benefits: All Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match as well as for the EAP (employee assistance program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC is one of the nation's largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.cpspharm.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website