Director of Pharmacy - Full Time
UH Rehabilitation Hospital
We are currently seeking a Director of Pharmacy to complete a temporary assignment at UH Rehabilitation Hospital. This position will only last until March 31st, 2021. After that date, there is no guarantee of employment.
Description: As a full time, exempt Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Staffing Director of Pharmacy, at UH Rehabilitation Hospital in Beachwood, Ohio, you will oversee all pharmacy operations acting at the staffing Pharmacist In Charge, as well as the Director of Pharmacy. Duties include planning, organizing, controlling, and supervising activities, according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and state and federal laws. You will recommend innovations in the practice and function of the pharmacy to hospital administration and carry out mutually agreed upon programs with assistance from a full support team. You will oversee and run the pharmacy with 2 per diem Pharmacists and 2 Pharmacy Technicians (one full time and one per diem). In addition, you will direct departmental participation in various hospital committees to ensure appropriate representation (including, but not limited to, Infection Control Committee, Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Safety Committee).
Schedule: This position is scheduled to work at least 40 hours per week primarily Monday- Friday, with occasional weekend coverage.
About the Facility: UH Rehabilitation Hospital in Beachwood, Ohio, is a 50 bed, Joint Commission accredited hospital, with an average daily census of 35 patients. Their goal is to restore lives, helping patients regain their independence so they can return home. The relatively new 50-bed, state-of-the-art acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital is dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced a variety of conditions including: Amputation, Brain injury,Neurological conditions,Orthopaedic injury, Spinal cord injury, Stroke, Trauma. There are no outpatient services are provided at this facility. UH Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between University Hospitals and Kindred Healthcare Corporation. The two-story, 53,450-square-foot hospital is located on a beautifully landscaped 5.8-acre site. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS.
About the Pharmacy: The pharmacy is centralized with utilization of Omnicell and MEDIC software. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30 pm and Saturday & Sundays from 8am to12pm. There is remove order entry services provided when this pharmacy is closed.
- BS or PharmD from an accredited School of Pharmacy required; Pharm.D or advanced degree preferred
- Ohio Pharmacist licensure in good standing
- 2 + years of recent management experience in a healthcare/hospital environment
- Experience with the following: clinical programming and program development; cost savings and quality initiatives; Pharmacy and Therapeutics leadership
- Regulatory experience with Joint Commission, Ohio Dept of Health and HFAP
Other abilities include:
- Demonstrated teaching, relevant professional publications and involvement with Professional organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, respond to client concerns and work cooperatively with other staff
- Excellent staffing skills and excellent leadership, management and communication skills
- Experience with new project development
- Team & customer service-oriented stressing a high level of nursing service satisfaction
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility
- Collaborative & motivational work style
- (PPD) TB 2-step - Proof of negative TB test within the last 12 months
- (MMR) Measles, Mumps and Rubella or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Varicella - (2) documented doses or A Blood Titer proving immunity
- Hepatitis B
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
Benefits: All employees enjoy a competitive salary, eligibility to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO) Program, Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC is one of the nation's largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.cpspharm.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website