ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR CLINICAL SERVICES
UNIVERSITY LOUISVILLE HOSPITAL
Description: As a Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Assistant Director for Clinical Services at University Louisville Hospital, you will plan, organize, control, and supervise the pharmacy's clinical activities. In particular, you will promote clinically rational drug therapy and sound pharmaceutical care through the development of new (or expansion of existing) pharmacy practice programs, drug therapy policies, and other programs. You will serve as a clinical resource for the provision of pharmaceutical care and clinical pharmacy services at the site level, build effective relationships with other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital and company, and coordinate all activities related to the Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee and formulary management. You will serve as a clinical pharmacy resource for the health-system and its affiliated pharmacy services.
About the Facility: University Louisville Hospital, an academic teaching and research hospital, is at the heart of the Louisville Metro area in downtown Louisville. ULH offers a second-to-none cancer center, world-renowned trauma team and a uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center – the latest innovations in a history of world-class care. ULH is the only Level I Trauma Center in the region. The Trauma Center admits more than 3,000 patients each year. Management of the pharmacy is outsourced to Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS).
- PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- Current KY pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of start date
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of pharmacists and other health care professionals to review, develop, implement and monitor clinical programs, therapeutic initiatives and other drug use policies and practices
- Minimum three years management experience leading a team of Clinical Pharmacists
- Completion of a residency in an ASHP accredited program in a hospital and/or advanced clinical training required.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in assessing the use and application of new medications and medication technology, including complex equipment and delivery system
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Good communications skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
Benefits: All CPS employees enjoy a competitive salary and are eligible to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website