Posted Date: Jul 9, 2020
- We have an opening for a SR DIRECTOR of DINING SERVICES position.
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Schedule: M-F days, some flexibility required
- Requirement: Bachelors Degree, ServeSafe Certified, proven track record in positions of leadership.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Matching 401k
- Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Discount Marketplace
- And other great benefits!
Working as a Senior Director of Dining Services, you are responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations for assigned K12 dining accounts within a territory. You will manage and lead a team of Directors and associates. You will be responsible for managing client relations, along with ensuring that the food offered to the customers is of superior quality. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers, guests and client as well as other departments
- Work with Chefs and management teams within your territory in creating menus and providing top quality food
- Train, develop and manage a team of Directors and associates
- Oversee all P&L and budgeting as it pertains to the accounts within your territory
- Roll out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary team
- Other duties as required in support of the District
- Degree in Hospitality, Culinary, Business or related fields
- Three to five years of foodservice management experience, with mulit unit strongly preferred.
- High volume production experience, catering experience a plus
- Prior K12 experience is desirable
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Must have management experience, with a proven track record of both financial and customer success
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 408866
Apply on company website