Posted Date: Sep 14, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 422311.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a RETAIL MANAGER position.
- Location: Wingate University - 204 East Wilson Street. Wingate, NC 28174. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, some nights, and weekends. More details available upon the interview.
- Details: Wingate University is 25 miles east of Metro Charlotte, North Carolina. The University is home to the "Bulldogs" with a campus population of over 6,000. The unit has a Food Hall, as well as Retail and campus catering.
- Requirement: Must have foodservice management experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: As a Retail Manager III, you will be responsible for supporting the General Manager or Director in the overall success of the food service operation. This includes adhering to the client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and company's standards, policies, and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position also motivates, trains, develops, and directs all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers and client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day food service operation.
- Plans and supervises special functions, maintains cash controls and payroll records, and oversees the hiring of frontline team members.
- Directs and trains staff to provide scheduled retail services.
- Completes all daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
- Implements and maintains cash handling standards to eliminate theft of services or company funds.
- Implements and promotes green initiatives.
- Ensures all QA and sanitation standards are maintained on a daily basis.
- Contributes to the development of the web site and update social media with new programs/promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of retail operational food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Retail marketing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation.
- Experience with cash retail operations.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 422311
Apply on company website