Posted Date: Jul 10, 2020
- We have an opening for a RESIDENT DISTRICT MANAGER position.
- Location: Edison, NJ
- Schedule: M-F days, with some nights and weekends as needed
- Requirement: Degree, ServSafe, multi-unit management and high volume experience desired. Must possess excellent client relations skills, and a passion for training and developing staff.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Matching 401k
- Great schedule!
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Discount Marketplace
- And other great benefits!
Working as a Resident District Manager, you are responsible for managing a large educational dining account. You will provide guidance and motivation to the district associates. You will provide overall planning and direction within your account to achieve operations and financial goals.
- Is well versed in all aspects of foodservice management, with a proven track record of success
- Possesses strong strategic thinking skills, with an emphasis on delivering and measuring action plans
- Is proactive and positive; interacts professionally with a diverse group of associates, peers, managers, suppliers, clients and customers
- Embraces excellence in customer service both for internal and external customers; has excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in assisting customers, clients, peers and subordinates
- Has the ability to think quickly and accurately, is able to evaluate problems and make appropriate recommendations to person(s) involved
- Has a high level of resilience during stressful periods and the ability to handle last minute changes
- Manages K-12 accounts within a school district to ensure compliance with government and agency standards and to ensure profitability of the region
- Attends foodservice committee meetings to understand the needs of the School District
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of personnel policies
- Manages planning, budget analysis and reporting for the District
- Interprets and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines to promote their consistent application
- Conducts operation audits of district units and design improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity
- Audits units to ensure conformance with the Company, government and accrediting agency standards, regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation and record keeping
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of state and federal food standard guidelines that apply to the K-12 market.
- Five years of management experience in K-12 foodservice
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Financial and business acumen
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced spreadsheet and proficiency at learning software
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 405616
Apply on company website