Posted Date: Oct 28, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 430839.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a RESIDENT DISTRICT MANAGER position.
- Location: Hamden, CT - Quinnipiac University Note: online applications accepted only.
- Requirement: Experience in campus dining
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Working as a Resident District Manager, you are responsible for overseeing day to day operations for a multi-unit corporate dining account. You will manage and lead a team of associates. You will be responsible for managing client relations, along with ensuring that the food offered to the customers is of superior quality. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Oversees all P&L and budgeting as it pertains to the account
- Maintains excellent relationships with customers, guests and client as well as other departments
- Works with the chef and management team in creating menus and providing top quality food
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Culinary Arts degree preferred
- Three to five years of foodservice operation experience
- Multi-unit or high volume operation experience is required
- High volume production and catering experience is essential
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 430839
Apply on company website