Posted Date: Oct 1, 2020
- We have an opening for a SR DIRECTOR FOOD NUTRITION SERVICES ii / RD position.
- Location: CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL, OAKLAND CA
- Schedule: TRADITIONALLY MON-FRI; WEEKENDS AS REQUIRED
- Requirement: THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN RD, $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit an hourly job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's Mindful Choices wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. The Atlanta-based company was named one of Modern Healthcare magazine's “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013” and one of Training Magazine's top 125 for 2014.
Full time associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
We are seeking a Sr. Director of Dining Services / RD that will be responsible to lead the overall operation of the dining services department. This position MUST have their RD certification.
- Responsibility for ensuring the food offered to the residents, guests, and employees of the community is of superior quality.
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs
- Maintains excellent relationships with residents, guests, client, and dining department staff
- Onboarding, training, promoting professional growth, and development of the dining services team
- Leadership of all aspects of departmental financial accountability
- Maintains department in “inspection ready” state at all times
Preferred and Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Service Management or related field; or Associate's degree plus five years of directly related experience- preferred
- Three to five years of senior living experience- preferred
- Five plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting
- Experience with state, federal and local regulatory agency inspections
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer services skills
- Experience with P&L accountability- highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience -highly desirable
- ServSafe® certified wil be required within the first 12 months
- RD certification - required
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 426044
Apply on company website