Posted Date: Jun 2, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 395117.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a full-time PAINTER position.
- Location: Aurora University - 740 Prairie Street, Aurora, IL 60506. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: 1st Shift, more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prefer minimum of seven years of painting experience.
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Installs and maintains interior and exterior building wall finishes and surfaces with paint, coatings, wall coverings, plaster and other repair materials. Removes and installs wall trim and cove base materials, or other accessory items as needed to complete the work professionally and safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selects proper tools and equipment including, but not limited to, paints, brushes, rollers, spray guns, drop cloths, rags, ladders, scaffolds, tape, cleaning materials, etc.
- Selects pre-mixed paints or prepares paints to match specific colors by blending and mixing required proportions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances.
- Transports material and equipment to the job site or arranges for the transport of heavy or bulky items.
- Prepares site by covering furniture, equipment and floors with drop cloths and masking doors, windows and other trim where required.
- Prepares surfaces including cleaning, minor repair and patching of metals, wood, masonry, and polishing of finished surfaces and glazing as necessary. Installs, removes, and replaces cove bases, ceiling tiles, wall mounted items, and similar accessory items needed to achieve a complete and finished appearance.
- Performs caulking, sanding, taping, application of special finishes and color matching, waxing and polishing of finished surfaces and glazing as necessary.
- Makes minor repairs to spray and roller equipment, simulates wood grain, marble, brick or tile effects.
- Recommends substitute materials or colors to improve and expedite work.
- Requisitions and receives materials and equipment, and maintains simple records and time reports.
- Cuts stencils and stencil surfaces with lettering or decorations.
- Paints signs on such surfaces as cloth, bulletin boards, walls, doors, equipment, etc.
- Installs wall coverings and similarly applied materials.
- Freehands highlighting, shading and counter-shading and apply stipple & glaze finishes.
- Removes, repairs and installs ceramic tile floors, walls and ceilings.
- Tapes and spackles drywall in preparation for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with putty, plaster or other filler.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of trade school or 2 years of experience as Painter in a similar sized institution.
- Some lifting of medium and/or heavy equipment and tools.
- Some exposure to extreme degrees of heat, noise, dust and dirt areas requiring infection control.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 395117
Apply on company website