Posted Date: Sep 10, 2019
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you've been hungry and away from home, chances are you've tasted Compass Group's delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary:
Compass Group, the world's largest contract foodservice company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth within its Legal Department at its offices in Rye Brook, NY. The Contract Specialist will work in our Corporate Legal Department for Corporate Counsel. Primary job duties include assisting counsel in reviewing and preparing legal documents, tracking existing matters, maintaining files and working with sales representatives.
- Use of database, pending list and hard files for open pending items prior to Request for Proposal (RFP)/contract signatures.
- Develop working relationships with sales representatives and assist them as necessary through the legal process involved in RFP and contract review, including completion of legal forms, signatures, etc.
- Track pending contracts and RFP's from time of receipt in-house through execution or bid. This process involves monitoring receipt of RFP's, maintaining a calendar to ensure deadlines are met, coordinating, completing and processing necessary legal forms for submission with proposals and/or obtaining signed versions of contracts, waivers, etc. Ability to manage a large volume of work, with strong attention to detail.
- Assist counsel, as necessary, in reviewing RFP's/contracts, preparing legal forms and drafting legal memos/responses/redlines and/or initial contracts.
- Assist counsel in drafting amendments and/or addenda to existing contracts.
- Develop and maintain accurate contract files. Coordinate with sales and operations personnel to ensure fully executed contracts are received and send sales/ops pending e-mails about open contracts/RFP's to determine status. Close files/update files as necessary.
- Input and update contracts in the contract database for your attorney(s) area of responsibility.
- Perform general administrative tasks including answering phone, copying, correspondence, travel arrangements, set up conference calls, filing, labeling, scanning, e-mailing, schedule of counsel, vacation scheduling, expense reports, special projects, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft including, Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe Acrobat 10.
- Excellent detail skills, fast accurate typing, and contract experience a must.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 319650
Apply on company website