Teach school bus driver courses within the Division of Workforce Partnerships, Transportation Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a syllabus for each course assigned based on program criteria. The syllabus should include all agreed-upon elements and be distributed to each student at the first scheduled class session.
• Teach approved curriculum adopted and developed by the college for the 10-hour training provided to new school bus drivers and the 3-hour training provided annually for all current school bus drivers.
• Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various cultures, identifies, and life-experiences.
• Prepare effective lesson plans and provide supplemental material to achieve course objectives and address student needs.
• Integrate technology and active learning strategies to enhance instruction.
• Use technology to enhance instruction, communicate effectively with students and colleagues and complete program record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
• Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI's policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
• Keep detailed and organized records of students' attendance, assessments, and progress including a final evaluation.
• Attend in-service training, program meetings and other program-related events as needed.
Apply on company website