The adjunct faculty will have clinical and classroom responsibilities consistent with the mission and philosophy of the Nursing Department and Community College of Rhode Island. This individual will demonstrate competence in teaching as well as clinical competence in the areas of nursing fundamentals and medical-surgical nursing, preferably within a long-term care setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
Commitment to CCRI's Mission
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Work collaboratively in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment, with students of various learning styles, cultures, identities, and life-experiences.
• Demonstrate commitment to providing academic support to all students.
• Ensure student awareness of available resources that support learning and success within the institution.
• Facilitate engagement and academic success by incorporating student advising, counseling and remediation as needed.
Instructional and Communication Skills
• Facilitate learning in the classroom, laboratory, simulation and clinical settings.
• Contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Use innovative instructional strategies that support student success and recognize diverse learning styles.
• Use technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the campus community.
• Apply strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
• Participate in department activities, including course, committee and faculty meetings to ensure coordination of didactic instruction and clinical experience.
• Participate in assuring compliance with accreditation standards.
• Other duties as required.
Apply on company website