As a full partner in the educational experience, the CCRI library provides materials, resources, and services which support the curriculum, enhance teaching and learning, and encourage independent and lifelong learning. The library fosters information literacy and critical thinking skills, collaborative learning, and intellectual development. The library offers a welcoming environment and a commitment to support the diverse cultural and intellectual interests of both the college and the local communities.
The Library Adjunct Faculty member will teach students practical tips and strategies that will help them succeed in college. Emphasis is on attitude, study habits, time and stress management. In a collaborative learning environment, students are engaged a variety of instructional experiences, including discussions, reading, writing, speaking, and listening assignments. The course includes making a personal success plan that will include educational and career goals and make use of the college's resources and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in the following areas:• Teaching in a Secondary or community college.
• Teaching using alternative instruction approaches; technology, self-paced, web-based instruction.
• Teaching basic strategies to aid students to succeed in college (time-management, communication skills, financial literacy, goal setting, note taking, social interaction.
• Using technology to enhance instruction and communicate effectively with the college community.
The most suitably qualified candidate will also possess the following competencies:
• Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to contribute to a dynamic teaching/learning environment requiring adaptability, creativity, and teamwork.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and philosophy of the community college.
• Engage in high quality in a diverse environment.
Apply on company website