Commercial Lending Attorney
The Commercial Lending Attorney will work at the Bank's headquarters in Detroit, Michigan, as part of a team of attorneys providing transactional and strategic support to Comerica's Middle Market, International Finance and US Banking lines of business, Loan Document Preparation units, and Loan Closing teams, and assist with other projects and matters as needed. This is not a litigation or compliance position.
This Counsel position requires the highest level of legal analysis, integrity, trust and judgment. The successful attorney must have excellent oral and written communication skills, superb people skills, the ability to learn new areas of law quickly, business acumen, political savvy, and an ability to anticipate and meet the needs of client groups with a level of flexibility.
- Provide transactional support, advice and counsel on commercial lending and other transactions.
- Draft, review and negotiate loan documents, agreements, contracts, other legal documents and create standard forms as necessary.
- Advise senior bank officers, Relationship Managers and other personnel regarding the legal implications of proposed Bank policies, courses of action, credit policies and management decisions.
- Provide legal advice regarding commercial lending matters, business transactions, real estate, industry laws and regulations, policies and procedures, client communications, third party documents and other legal and business matters.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in Michigan or admitted to practice and a member in good standing of another U.S. bar association (preferably California, Michigan or Florida).
- Attorneys not licensed in Michigan must otherwise be in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of Michigan and within 180 days of employment, be admitted to the Michigan bar.
Apply on company website