This position provides support to the 46 Test Squadron at Eglin AFB as a member of a system administration team responsible for maintenance of systems within the Advanced Programs (AP) lab. This support includes the following:
- Maintains Defense Information System Agency (DISA) guidelines on various operating systems as well as USAF security updates and cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Develops new ideas, researches new technologies and works with a team to modernize enclaves.
- Responsible for the functionality and performance of AP lab hardware and software systems.
- Creates and manages system user accounts in accordance with policies and directives.
- Oversees the installation and configuration of application software, the establishment of user environments; configures servers, clients, and storage hardware while performing operating system upgrades and data backups.
- Follows approved procedures for user account creation, system maintenance, and system recovery.
- Develops solutions to complex problems requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Uses approved system cloning applications or devices to stand up systems for testing.
- Performs other system administrator duties: booting and shutting down a system, mounting file systems, and building test resources.
- Performs hardware diagnostic testing of offline equipment; schedules and performs preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Documents all preventive maintenance actions, troubleshooting efforts, repairs, and related daily activities using established logs and databases.
- Performs real-time hardware support for operations test and distributed events.
- Responds to trouble calls and operational support requests; performs system troubleshooting and workstation maintenance during test and distributed events; diagnoses malfunctions and takes corrective action to resolve physical and virtual processing problems.
- Builds network servers and clients utilizing both physical and virtual host environments.
- Creates documentation on enclave upgrades, changes, and maintenance procedures.
- Identifies areas for improvement, and recommends technical solutions; recommends acquisition of new hardware and software to maintain technological currency.
- Attends meetings as necessary to provide briefings, information and recommendations.
- Supports DT&E enclave assessment and authorization IAW applicable DoD and AF instructions.
- Any other related duties as directed.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 3 years of technical experience is required -OR- Associate's degree in a technical discipline and 7 years of technical experience -OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 9 years technical experience.
- An active Secret Clearance adjudicated within the past five years is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Must have a current Security+ or equivalent certification, or able to get one within six months of employment.
- Experience with Windows OS's (i.e. Microsoft Server 2016, Windows 10), Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Active Directory is required.
- Recent experience building Windows domains; proficient in troubleshooting IT hardware and software issues required.
- Ability to communicate and present technical details both written and verbally is required.
- Must be able to travel to contractors' facilities, test sites, and other locations up to 30% of the time is required.
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted is required.
- Experience in VMWare products (i.e. VSphere), to maintain a virtual server/client environment is desired.
- Understanding and experience in DISA STIG assessment and implementation desired.
- Experience with Redhat Linux desired.
- Knowledge with KVM systems is desired.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website