Located at the US Army AMRDEC S3I Directorate. Performs software systems airworthiness evaluations for army aviation systems. Software engineering and/or systems engineering background is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* As team member, provide software technical expertise, participate in systems reviews, and provide software airworthiness assessments
* Provide technical support via review and evaluation of prime contractor and government aviation system and component technical reports, safety assessments, airworthiness documentation, hazard analyses, safety risk assessments, Safety Assessment Reports, technical and operator's manuals, technical specifications, and changes/deviation/waivers
* Participate in Integrated Product Teams, process reviews, safety reviews, requirements reviews, design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews
* Participate in government and/or developer informational meetings and special committees; witness testing at any level to assist in the airworthiness assessment process; make recommendations regarding the fitness of software and software documentation status with respect to airworthiness
* Preview software requirements, design, and verification tests and analyses documentation and/or models for compliance with software safety qualification standards and requirements
* Review software source code and code generation processes and models and build procedures for compliance with software safety qualification standards and requirements
* Participate in IPTs, software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
* Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or other software engineering related field
* 5-10 years of applicable software design engineering experience
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (US Citizenship is required)
* Working knowledge of current operating systems and programming languages: C, C++, C#, Ada.
* Current Active DOD secret security clearance
* Software development or V&V analysis experience with a critical system similar to safety critical system
* Software development/lifecycle IEEE 1207, MIL-STD-498, etc.
* Familiarity with one or more System Safety and Software Safety requirements MIL-STD-882, JSSSEH, AMCOM REG 385-17, SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, DO-178C, DO-278, and DO-254
* Embedded software development experience in accordance with industry best practices
* Software development processes experience for Safety Critical Software
* Familiarity with Model Based Software development practices and tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Rhapsody, DOORS, SCADE, etc.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website