Our cybersecurity test team is searching for new members that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide a number of opportunities to learn ranging from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
This position provides support to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Hill AFB. This support includes the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cybersecurity acquisition guidance to program offices and test teams, with strong understanding of the DoD Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation Guidance.
- Develop Cyber Test Plans according to government requirements.
- Conduct independent cyber assessments, penetration testing, data collection, automation, and reporting.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis on system design / architecture to identify potential vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Provide cyber test and evaluation technical guidance, expertise and recommendations.
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
- Develop and provide information/presentations to government, to include senior levels.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Master's Degree in a technical discipline (i.e., cybersecurity, computer engineering, computer science and/or IT systems) and a minimum of 10 years of technical experience -OR- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 18 years of technical experience –OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 22 years of technical experience.
- Knowledge in the Cybersecurity Assess and Authorize (A&A) process to support DoD acquisition programs through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Project Management skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of DOD testing requirements in acquisition process.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Strong communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Travel up to 20% per year.
- Active Top Secret clearance – (Single Scope Background Investigation). US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with hands-on cybersecurity testing which include technical skills with multiple operating systems (such as Windows, Linux, Unix, IOS (network)) as well as software/databases (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Web-based application security concepts.
- Missile field experience.
- Understanding of network security/engineering
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures.
- Proficient in software development.
- Experience with programming languages.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and hardware design concepts.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website