SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for PRN.
At Colleton, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our department team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
We are seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist to perform radiological diagnostic procedures as outlined by the Radiologist. As an integral member of the multidisciplinary team that makes up Medical Imaging, you will have a significant impact on the improvement of human life.
What you will do in this role:
- Reflects CMC's Mission, Vision and Values by providing the highest quality service excellence to each patient encountered. Utilizes AIDET. As outlined in the 2x2s: Staff introduced and explained the procedure/process. Is responsive to patient concerns/issues. Provides excellent care to achieve OTT goal.
- Proactively checks patients' orders to ensure order accuracy. Calls Outpatients the day prior to their study to answer any questions they may have and to explain what the procedure entails.
- Identifies all patients by asking name and date of birth. Verifies order and diagnosis. Explains procedure to patient and answers any questions the patient may have. Selects correct patient and study to image. Completes Meditech and PACS in a timely manner.
- Interpret policies and regulations to ensure adherence of Quality Assurance requirements, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and DHEC.
- Reflects CMC's Mission, Vision and Values by providing the highest quality service excellence to each patient encountered. Utilizes AIDET. As outlined in the 2x2's: Is responsive to patient concerns/issue. Explains wait times and keeps the patient informed of delays.
- Proactively checks outpatient orders for next day to ensure order accuracy. Calls patients the day prior to their study to answer any questions they may have and to explain what the procedures entails.
- All radioactive materials received are checked for leakage
What qualifications you will need:
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration:, Certified as an RT (N) with the ARRT or certified with the NMTCB, American Heart Association BLS certification
B. Education: Graduate of School of Nuclear Medicine Technology.
C. Experience. Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient / internal and external customer. Experience preferred in Diagnostic Imaging to include clinical hours.
D. Special qualifications: Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
Located in the Heart of Walterboro, South Carolina, Colleton Medical Center has a longstanding history as a leader in the healthcare community with a commitment to patient-centered care. With over 130 beds, Colleton Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare. CMC offers both inpatient and outpatient medical services along with 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children.
Named a Top Performer on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for four consecutive years, CMC ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Committed to quality services and compassionate care, CMC continues to expand and advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
At Colleton Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. HCA, the parent company of CMC, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website