- 10 + years working in a Product Management role
- 8 + years working with data-based networks
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or business; if the degree is in a business field, applicant will need to demonstrate a strong technical background.
- Experience with business class broadband devices and networks
- Experience with WiFi, DOCSIS and other broadband related technologies
- Comfortable working with cross functional teams to drive schedules and priorities
- Analytical skills on CPE voice and data devices
-Analytical and development skills with embedded software on CPE video devices
- Knowledge of how CPE devices function at the SOC or driver level
- Some knowledge and/or working experience with scripting and programming languages. Must be able to write, read, interpret and review.
- Knowledge and experience of broadband industry is a plus
- Knowledge of MSO Headend components / functions is a plus
- Strong communication skills both at an individual and team level
- Effective organizational skills; ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, and public.
- Ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, procedures, and work flow.
- Ability to document process and changes effectively.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form
The Snr CPE Product Manager will be responsible for the product lifecycle of the CPE device models used for our Business accounts. This position will interface with internal groups such as the Business Unit, Engineering, Program Manager, CARE, and various technical operations teams to collect and author specifications relating to the development of the next generation Business CPE. This position will also interface with OEMs to help drive development and certification of the CPE. In order to assume full ownership of product or product line, candidate has to have full understanding of product technology and service structures so candidate MUST have experience with broadband technology, especially with data and voice CPE
- Owns and executes the product offer and manages all associated operational activities throughout the Product Life Cycle in collaboration with Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations and Support.
- Collaborates with engineering to align on product requirements, release plans, and roadmaps
- Drives PRDs, and communicates with stakeholders
- Creates and implements communications and marketing plans (including branding) for product roadmap
- Partners with Program Manager/Project Manager and leads cross-functional, cross-unit virtual teams to establish product and solution offerings and positioning
- Collaborates with the Business Unit and Regions to create and drive demand and deployment success
- Primary interface to Business Unit and Divisions to gather product and roadmap requirements and to assess the success of current products.
- Works with the Engineering group, establish an end-to-end test plan for the CPE and traceability to requirements/user stories
- Work with the Project Manager and OEMs to drive the development and certification cycle
- While working with key internal and external stakeholders, define the priority of new features and resolution of defects
- Travel as required
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 13 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website