Roles & Responsibilities: We need a core oracle DBA person with hands-on experience between 4-6 years on regular administration, backup, recovery, performance tuning, patching, upgrade and data guard. Additionally experience working in client facing environments and good understanding of Contractual SLAs, Incident, change and problem management. Secondary technical skill is on AWS RDS, EC2 and/or Azure Sql and Azure VM to manage databases. Under soft skills, excellent written and verbal communication and flexible attitude towards work.
· Hands on database experience using Oracle 10g 11g on HPUX Linux and Windows servers
· Experience in Model N preferable
· Experience in day to day DBA activities like DB installation upgrade Migration backup Recovery
· Experience in performance tuning and scripting
· Detail knowledge in following ITIL processes for Incident Problem Change Release configuration Management
· Ability to handle critical situation with very large databases 5TBAbility to engage the customer and get clear DBA requirements
· Ability to do capacity planning and DB configuration for high performance
· Must be able to handle multiple situation and be thorough in written verbal communication
· Must have worked with Remedy ServiceNow tool for ticketing work flows
· Should be able to get the Quality evidence for the work performed
· Working knowledge of HPUX and Linux shell commands and ability to install and manage database software
· Hands on experience performing database backup and recovering
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jul 13 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website