At Cognizant, we believe those who challenge the way they work today will lead the way tomorrow. In the modern digital economy, our clients are looking to differentiate their businesses and seize the enormous growth opportunities that digital makes possible. At Cognizant, we help them do just this. We engage clients in envisioning and building creative products and experiences, delivered through a powerful digital-ready IT backbone. In addition, we are hiring for various roles. If you are passionate and driven about being involved in shaping next generation digital solutions, give us a shout. Title– Big Data Engineer (Snowflake) Location– Glendale, AZ
Travel– No travel will be required for this engagement as all work will be on onsite
Project– Writing SQL queries against Snowflake, Developing scripts suing UNIX, Python etc to do Extract, Load and Transform dataYour Responsibilities:
- Snowflake Senior developer responsible for architecting and implementing very large scale data intelligence solutions around Snowflake Data Warehouse
- A solid experience and understanding of architecting, designing and operationalization of large scale data and analytics solutions on Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse SnowSQL
- Writing SQL queries against Snowflake Developing scripts Unix, Python etc to do Extract, Load and Transform data
- Provide production support for Data Warehouse issues such data load problems, transformation translation problems
- Translate requirements for BI and Reporting to Database design and reporting design
- Understanding data transformation and translation requirements and which tools to leverage to get the job done
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to problem solve and architect in an environment with unclear requirements
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to construct meaningful solutions through true collaboration.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we would love to hear from you
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1SnowflakePL1Required2Data ModelerPL1Required3PL/SQLPL2Required4Unix Shell ScriptingPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 22 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website