Assoc. Director - Product Management
• Direct the market research to be done by Product Manager to arrive at product / feature differentiation.
• Understand broader vision of the product and the underlying market needs.
Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap:• Define product concept and create Product Conceptualization document.
• Define product vision and strategy which will drive product development, for product(s) under purview.
• Outline specific nature of features.
• Interact with product owners to prioritize features.
• Seek inputs from engineering around high level feature dependencies.
Product Planning:• Review program/portfolio plan and provide inputs around user story coverage.
• Participate in endof sprint demos for critical features.
• Review product backlog to ensure inclusion in appropriate release cycles.
Product Requirements:• Review business case and BRD.
• Guide and oversee PRD creation.
• Take appropriate action on any requirementrelated escalations.
Product Design and Development:• Provide appropriate functional clarifications to the Development team from a 'design thinking' perspective.
Build and Release Management:• Participate in product signoff discussions to confirm productreadiness for production release.
Product Testing:• Mandate quality aspects to be met by Product team.
• Guide testing process to ensure adequate coverage.
• Provide inputs for prioritization of test suites and defects based on importance and impact.
• Provide inputs for identification of process resolutions to prevent recurrence of breaches.
Product Training and Documentation:• Drive collaboration and support by team to Sales / Marketing / Customer Support teams on product training and documentation by working with respective heads / leads.
Project Management:• Unify project management techniques used across the team members for better consistency across the practice.
Product Line Management:• Explore opportunities for synergy across products (integration / commonality).
Technology Thought Leadership:• Define self learning & development goals.
• Keep pace with product development approaches, technology trends, product usage models.
• Share knowledge with the team and other product teams.
• Contribute to industry and technology forums.
Engineering Org - Vision, Leadership and Relationship Management:• Effectively communicate vision across product teams, laterals.
• Leverage peertopeer relationship across Product Engineering groups in Cognizant.
• Contribute and share best practices, success stories in product development teams.
People Management:• Manage and mentor Product Management teams.
• Motivate the team through proactive performance management, clear accountability and ongoing measurement against goals.
• Acquire top talent to support a high performing team.
• Provide coaching and development opportunities to team for career growth.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Duck Creek BAPL1Required2Duck Creek RatingPL1Required3Duck Creek PolicyPL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 19 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website