Segment Specialist - School Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
Waypoint is currently seeking a Segment Specialist - School Food Service. This role is responsible for providing client/customer support in assigned sales segment (K - 12) and prospecting new sales opportunities for assigned segment.
- Maintain and develop portfolio of assigned school districts
- Compliance with national and state nutritional regulations
- Plan sales calls based on quarterly objectives
- Report all sales calls in FSP
- Foster and maintain strong customer and client relationships
- Respond timely to internal/external questions and information requests
- Participate in food shows, client and industry meetings
- Manage commodity balances and drawdown for assigned segment and clients
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned
- 5 years or more of related experience working with school foodservice accounts
- Experience working with brokers and national manufacturers
- Strong client/customer relationship knowledge
- Financial acumen
- Advanced Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email
- Ability to develop a sales action plan with specific objectives that drive results in given time-line
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Creative problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability
- Travel as appropriate
Apply on company website