Operator Specialist – Field Sales
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
We are currently seeking an Operator Specialist who will maintain and develop a portfolio of accounts through in-person field and sales calls with clients and distributors, food show product cuttings and operator presentations.
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field and sales calls with client and distributor, food shows product cuttings and operator presentations.
- Foster continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts through building relationships on behalf of Waypoint to increase sales and volume.
- Assist with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events.
- Ensure continuous client product knowledge and training.
- Manage sales sample order process.
- Troubleshoot and respond to product complaints.
- Maintain competitive pricing and new or discontinued item information.
- Attend and provide support at manufacturer and distributor training events.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as assigned.
- 5 years minimum restaurant operations, commercial or foodservice experience.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- Strong client/customer relationship knowledge.
- Proficiency in company policies and procedures.
- Microsoft Office; working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and through email.
- Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Creative problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical ability.
- Unquestionable work ethics, personal integrity and honesty.
- Ability to stand and travel by motor vehicle for extended periods of time.
Apply on company website