Area Vice President - Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
We are currently seeking an Area Vice President who is responsible for executing the sales organization to deliver services for a region in the U.S. As a member of the senior management team, the VP, Sales participates in change management, team management, performance management, problem solving and process development for the department. Focus on delivering measurable sales results within the organization that lead to outstanding program results for our clients. Results will be attained through effective execution against business unit performance goals, through leveraging exceptional knowledge, skills, abilities and expertise of our clients.
- 7-10 years or more of related experience in Business Management, Food Brokerage or Food Service
- 5+ years or more of progressive management experience in sales, planning and/or business development
- Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
- Expert level insight skills – ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
- Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measurable business results
- Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with revenue-producing activities
- Strong strategic thinking and process development skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Empathy/understanding of the impact of marketing and business development initiatives on field associates
- Technically proficient in marketing and business development tools, MS Office and data reporting systems.
- Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
- Must have proven successful track record in developing strategies and delivering results
Apply on company website