Clean Tech was founded in 1989 to reclaim the plastic in water containers and other post-consumer packaging. Clean Tech's leaders knew that recycling would extend disposal capacity, save money in disposal costs and conserve natural resources. They saw further growth opportunity in the business's potential for creating new jobs and providing a reliable, cost-effective resource for the manufacturing industry.
This modern recycling center initiated the company's entry into the environmental movement more than 20 years ago. Clean Tech recycled 2 billion bottles in 2007 alone at its Dundee, MI facility. It now recycles more than 3 billion bottles per year and continues to invest in recycling technology and operational improvements. Expanding Recycling to Europe: A Luxembourg recycling center anchors environmental operations in Europe with PET recycling. Clean Tech is part of the Plastipak family of companies.
Clean Tech is an equal opportunity employer.
Repairs and maintains production machinery and mechanical equipment such as but not limited to; recycling cleaning lines and auxiliary equipment associated with recycling lines, boilers, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors, bale breakers, pelletizers, grinders, extruders and any other equipment installed within Clean Tech.
- Responsibility and authority as outlined in the Operational Procedures and all Safety and Instruction Manuals. Including LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out), confined space and aerial work rules and procedures.
- Functions within a Team environment effectively, but also maintain being a self-thinker.
- Investigates, troubleshoots and reviews machinery and equipment problems with operators.
- Lifting small motors onto dolly to take into maintenance shop to fix. Taking 480V conveyor motors down from aerial position 12'-15' high and placing onto dolly to take to maintenance shop to fix.
- Operate and test machines and equipment to test performance and determine if repairs and scheduled maintenance are successful and ensures longevity of the repair.
- Run the machine and equipment; examine the process to determine if repairs are successful. Including starting and stopping the machine or the process.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain a safe clean working environment.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) experience would be helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and electrical drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly. Computer and SAP experience needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a valid driver license.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Apply on company website