Clean Tech was founded in 1989 to reclaim the plastic in water containers and other post-consumer packaging. Clean Tech's leaders knew that recycling would extend disposal capacity, save money in disposal costs and conserve natural resources. They saw further growth opportunity in the business's potential for creating new jobs and providing a reliable, cost-effective resource for the manufacturing industry.
This modern recycling center initiated the company's entry into the environmental movement more than 20 years ago. Clean Tech recycled 2 billion bottles in 2007 alone at its Dundee, MI facility. It now recycles more than 3 billion bottles per year and continues to invest in recycling technology and operational improvements. Expanding Recycling to Europe: A Luxembourg recycling center anchors environmental operations in Europe with PET recycling. Clean Tech is part of the Plastipak family of companies.
Clean Tech is an equal opportunity employer.
The Machine Operator is responsible for maintaining the production flow of post-consumer plastic to produce good quality post-consumer plastic resin. This position would help recycle over two billion plastic containers from landfills per year.
- Operates assigned equipment to process plastic flake and pellet.
- Completes machine adjustments, repairs and troubleshoots equipment to ensure efficient machine operation.
- Performs preventative maintenance and preventative cleaning on equipment as assigned. Completes or assists with product changeovers.
- Operates related production equipment, including Pre-Wash systems, Wash systems, Extrusion systems, forklifts, clamp trucks, and other related equipment.
- Performs work in a safe manner and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures, including Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring line is fed with good quality raw materials to produce finished goods product quality.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices GMP rules.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to area housekeeping.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience: No experience necessary, will train forklift and machine processes.
- Lifting Requirements: 0 – 50+ lbs.
- Constant: Lift and/or move up to 15lbs., Forklift or clamp truck driving with constant up and down from vehicles.
- Frequent: Sit, stand, and walk up to 12 hours per day. Lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Environment: Exposed to high levels of noise, recyclable debris and smell.
- Able to visually examine minute defects in parts and product color.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend down, pull, stretch, and work on ladders periodically as needed.
- Must wear proper Personal Protective Equipment: eye, ear, head and toe protection and high visibility safety vest.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Apply on company website