Our Houston,TX location is looking for a Mobile Mechanic to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with routine maintenance, inspection, and repairing of all Clean Harbors vehicles at various branch locations and at times roadside.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, overtime opportunities and weekly pay schedule!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Use of company vehicle, cell phone and mobile computer;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Correct all equipment deficiencies and perform preventative maintenance on company owned equipment as prescribed by management;
- Assures that all equipment is properly secured prior to work/repairs, i.e. chock blocks, and jack stands;
- Travel to other locations to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment as required;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for tracking PM schedules;
- Perform compliance and safety inspections on company equipment and property as required by management;
- Coordinate parts for mobile repair unit;
- Maintenance of all general repair equipment, and shop tools.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 2 + years of diesel truck repair experience required;
- Valid driver's license required, CDL license preferred;
- Brake Inspector Certification, DOT certified in FHWA Inspections and Air Brakes a requirement;
- Ability to travel within assigned territory (greater than 70% travel required);
- Proven Heavy Duty Technician experience;
- Must posses own tools;
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime as required;
- Certifications in related fields preferred (Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Allison, CAT, Eaton Fuller);
- Experience in engines, chassis, drive-line, hydraulic systems, brakes, A/C systems, electronic systems preferred.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH
Apply on company website