Company: Clean Energy Fuels
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Recruitment Agency, Staffing, Job Board
Hands-on experience directly processing payroll, a strong detail orientation and the bandwidth to grow professionally. If this describes you, this may be the position you've been looking for. You will:
- Grow your skills as you support multiple business lines, including retail and bulk sales, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, engineering and construction, operations and service, and more. Quick question for you - click here
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibility and advance; we're hiring with an eye to the future, looking for a professional who can grow right along with the company.
- Join a tight-knit team using established and solid processes and systems. You'll invest a good deal of time in transactional work, but you'll have opportunities to contribute to reporting and analysis.
- Acquire knowledge beyond the scope of this position, setting you up for progressive, ongoing success.
- Earn competitive compensation, bonus potential and exceptional benefits.
Pictured: We develop, manufacture, supply, install and service the equipment at natural gas fueling stations across North America.
- A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience. Quick question for you - click here
- 5+ years of hands-on experience directly processing payroll at large or mid-level companies.
- Knowledge of multi-state wage and hour and tax reporting laws. We'll also consider single-state candidates with strong knowledge of California payroll and tax reporting laws.
- Familiarity with calculation of income in connection with disqualifying dispositions of incentive stock.
- Familiarity with options and non-qualifying stock options for W-2 year-end reporting a plus.
- Knowledge of web-based payroll and timekeeping systems, preferably Ultipro.
- Knowledge of reporting systems and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel; report-writing skills are a plus.
- The ability to develop and document payroll processes and procedures.
- Public company experience is preferred, and knowledge of SOX would be ideal.
- Robust attention to detail and the ability to understand and meet expectations.
- Mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment working under little to no supervision.
- A track record of analyzing problems and implementing successful solutions, including thinking outside the box.
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality in addition to strong communication skills.
- Solid communication skills.
Pictured: Our network of over 550 compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquified natural gas (LNG) fueling stations ensures fleets are powered for both short routes across town and long hauls across North America. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will join a team that also includes a Senior Payroll Analyst. We're looking for a professional who is highly motivated to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing, garnishment compliance and payroll tax filing. This will include coordinating with vendors as well as identifying, analyzing and resolving process and system-related problems, develop root cause analysis and implement corrective actions. We provide reports to several different business units, so you'll need to create different configurations.
More specifically, you will:
- Perform data input of payroll-related items into current payroll and timekeeping systems. Quick question for you - click here
- Download data from timekeeping system.
- Perform payroll processing.
- Generate and analyze biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reports utilizing the current payroll system.
- Compile ad hoc reporting for executive team, managers, and other requesting departments.
- Review and analyze quarterly tax filings and year-end W-2s from current payroll system and make adjustments as necessary.
- Analyze and prepare monthly and annual reports of company-paid fuel usage for W-2 reporting, including sending letters to employees.
- Perform research on payroll related issues, including, but not limited to, tax withholding, overtime, 401(k) deferrals, loans, LOAs, garnishments and COBRA for various states.
- Keep abreast of current SOX controls and compile audit data for auditors.
- Assist with audits, month-end closing and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Video: Redeem® is the first commercially available, renewable natural gas vehicle fuel. Derived entirely from organic waste streams, it's available in either CNG or LNG form for commercial vehicles including fleets, heavy-duty trucks, refuse trucks, transit, and airport service vehicles.
Apply on company website