At the City of Plano, our values make us who we are and guide us as we SERVE our city. As members of Team Plano, our organizational Values (what is most important to us) make up the acronym, SERVE (Stewardship Engaged Respectful Visionary Excellence).
Summary of Duties: Under close supervision, the Food Service Attendant is responsible for ensuring that all customer needs regarding food and beverage services are satisfied. The majority of duties performed are concession-related with heavy emphasis on cashiering and handling concession food.
Examples of ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs beginning and ending inventory at each scheduled shift.
- Assists in food preparation, as needed; prepares deli platters, cheese trays, and vegetable trays; washes and puts away dishes.
- Maintains record of actual food and beverage served and provide such information to Banquet supervisor.
- Performs every food function to ensure the customer's expectations are achieved; reports results to the Food Services Coordinator.
- Monitors every food function to ensure the customer's expectations are achieved; reports results to the Food Services Coordinator.
- Notes trends in customer preferences for food and drinks and advise the Banquet supervisor.
- Receives and signs for all dry storage items delivered to Food Sales and Services by outside vendors; checks items against invoices; assists in placing food deliveries in proper storage place.
- Cross-trains on a variety of activities, e.g., cashier at concession stands and bar.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work schedule is essential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Decisions: The incumbent must determine and set priorities in order to meet multiple needs of customers without assistance from other employees. The incumbent must ensure that customer needs are met without waste.
Knowledge of: Cash register operation; proper kitchen safety policies and procedures.
Skill in: Working independently and be flexible; folding napkins and properly setting tables according to requirements and to creatively use props.
Education: No formal education required.
Experience: At least one year in large scale food service. Must be minimum of 16 years of age.
Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications is an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements
Licenses and Certifications: Food handler's certification must be obtained within seven (7) days of entry into position.
Conditions of Employment: Must pass a drug test, criminal history background check, periodic CJIS background check (for positions requiring access into Police buildings) and social security number verification check.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: This classification requires standing in work areas and walking between work areas. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate basic kitchen equipment including kitchen knives; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers, banquet, and kitchen equipment. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Employees work both indoors and outdoors with direct exposure to moderate noise levels, and hazardous physical substances and kitchen equipment. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required. The position also requires meeting the essential requirements of the Physical Demands and Working Conditions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE/M/F/V/D
Open positions are subject to close without notice.
Apply on company website