Provides technology acquisition services and support within the guidelines of manuals, department policies and procedures, and local government policies. Reports to the Client Support Services Manager or other designated person and works with co-workers, employees, vendors, support personnel, sales representatives, and directors to provide support to the department.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and processes the requisition, receipt, inspection, inventory, storage, and issuance of hardware and software equipment.
- Manages requisitions and purchase orders for payment and follows up on outstanding technology requests with vendors by running monthly reports.
- Identifies the most cost effective equipment purchases and makes the necessary recommendations in accordance to Procurement codes.
- Ensures the proper technology account codes are utilized attaches all required documents and confirms accurate department codes.
- Conducts auditing of technology related equipment and inventory.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Provides and coordinates assistance in resolving information technology related problems.
Education: Associate's Degree in occupational field and/or technical certification business administration, information technology, procurement, etc.
Experience: Two (2) years' experience in the procurement or purchasing of technological assets.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: (position requirements at entry)
- Considerable knowledge of inventory processing, hardware specifications, basic accounting/financial procedures, Procurement procedures, documentation, IT services provided to users, and related computer equipment and terminology.
- Familiarity with hardware configurations/specifications, software, operating systems, manual systems, applications systems, data communications, office automation software, networking, and other technical concepts.
- Knowledge of the procedures used in the requisition, receipt, inspection, inventory, storage, and issuance of requested hardware and software equipment.
- Familiarity with division, department, and County policies and procedures, and interpersonal relations.
- Proficiency in acquiring and maintaining skill sets on new and evolving network, server, and communication technologies.
- Proficiency in office automation programs and preparing reports for management.
- Proficiency in analyzing reports and records for discrepancies.
- Mastery of standard office equipment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team or independently.
Licensing: Possession of a valid driver's license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment. *This position requires driving a county vehicle* OTHER
This position requires staff call up in an emergency situation and some travel from office to other locations.
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data. Includes exercising discretion in determining data classification, and in referencing such analysis to established standards for the purpose of recognizing actual or probable interactive effects and relationships..
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to work with and apply principles of persuasion and/or influence over others to coordinate programs or activities of a project, and resolve typical problems associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Equipment: Requires the ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools and/or materials requiring complex and/or rapid adjustments.
- Verbal: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, advisory and/or design data and information.
- Math: Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Physical Abilities: Tasks require the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (12-20 pounds).
- Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate visual cues or signals. Some tasks require the ability to communicate orally.
- Environmental Factors: Essential functions are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Apply on company website