Store 2722908Q: 8664 SW 103rd St Rd, Ocala, Florida 34481
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities and requirements:
Customer Satisfaction: Provides and coaches food service staff to provide excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner.
Greets customers as they enter the area and thanks customers as they leave; gives assistance and offers suggestions or recommendations to the customer.
Resolves or assists to resolve routine customer concerns within established guidelines.
Reports to work on time and follows the dress and appearance code.
Facility Condition: Maintains the food service facility's condition and equipment to Company and/or brand standards of cleanliness during the shift and sets up for the next shift; notifies the QSR Supervisor of any equipment failure or maintenance/supply needs; and performs or directs food service staff to perform a variety of general housekeeping duties including:
Sweeping and mopping or cleaning floors.
Dusting and/or washing windows, counters, displays, food service areas and bathrooms.
Picking up and disposing of trash, litter or debris.
Cleaning/checking equipment including the coffee machines; grill, fry or other cooking units; beverage, ice or other refrigeration units; and other machines, tools and work aids used.
Merchandising: Monitors and ensures that food product areas are stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
Prepares or assists in preparing product inventory orders.
Prepares and ensures food items are prepared according to menus and recipes with proper weights, holding times and temperatures; practices and ensures safe food handling procedures are followed.
Uses and coaches food service staff to use suggestive selling and other techniques to maximize sales.
Makes price changes in accordance with Company and/or brand guidelines; places advertising and pricing signage inside or outside the facility including marquees, ceilings, walls and windows.
Sales Controls: Ensures all shift sales are completed in accordance with Company and/or brand standards by entering and coaching food service employees to scan or enter all transactions at the time of purchase at the correct price using the correct keys/codes, placing all payments collected in the register and making correct change.
Financial Controls: Monitors shift sales, cash handling procedures and other shift functions including daily close-out functions.
Notifies the QSR Supervisor of any sales, cash, inventory or operating discrepancy.
May receive and sign vendor deliveries and verify quality and quantity of product.
Follows Company and/or brand guidelines for product breakage or spoilage.
Staffing Controls: Supervises the activities of food service employees engaged in preparing and serving food and other related duties in the absence of the QSR Supervisor.
Helps coach and train new employees to carry out their duties in accordance with Company and/or brand operating, conduct and performance standards.
Monitors customer traffic and makes appropriate adjustments to decrease waiting time; may reschedule or re-assign duties of employees based on operational or discipline needs.
Assists with counseling of employees and provides feedback to help employees improve performance.
Internal/External Controls: Follows and ensures food service employees follow all government laws, health and safety codes, food brand inspection standards, and the Company policies, procedures and standards that apply to the conduct of business. Seeks guidance from the QSR Supervisor and/or appropriate management areas about legal questions or obligations.
Security Controls: Assists the QSR Supervisor in maintaining a safe environment for employees and customers and protecting Company assets such as information, cash, product, equipment and property.
Reports all incidents (employee or customer injury, theft, property damage, improper sanitation or waste disposal, etc.) to the QSR Supervisor.
Reports any situation in which unsafe, unlawful or unethical conduct is or might be occurring.
Administrative Controls: Performs duties associated with shift change such as counting the cash drawer, recording employee purchases and completing end of shift/shift change reports.
Keeps and ensures all employees keep accurate time keeping records.
Provides regular and predicable onsite attendance.
May take inventory of supplies and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activity inventory of the position includes:
- Work requires frequent standing and walking the entire shift; occasional to frequent bending, stooping or crouching; frequent lifting/carrying of up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds; and occasional climbing and descending ladders.
- Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels)
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (i.e., to replenish fountain syrups).
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands for entire shift. (This handwork requires eye-hand coordination.
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck)
- Able to reach overhead for objects
- Ability to bend and twist at waist
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to operate a cash register and/or computer keyboard
- Ability to stoop, kneel, squat, bend, push, and pull
- Ability to work alone
- Be exposed to occasional noise
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift
- May require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and remove signs)
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 months to 1 year of retail store or food service work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to deal with customers, unanticipated problems or events using standard procedures.
- Ability to work as scheduled including arriving to work on time.
- Ability to accurately operate a variety of equipment that may include cash registers or scanners; hot or cold or beverage dispensers, grills, ovens or fry stations and other machines or tools.
- Certificates & Licenses: None
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions inventory of the position includes:
- Work can include variable hours on all shifts, week-ends and holidays.
- Tasks are generally performed indoors in a temperature-controlled setting but can include exposure to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), vapors/fumes/food odors, high humidity, noise and household chemicals for short periods routinely and longer periods occasionally.
- Work may include exposure to high temperature grease, grill/steam units, knives, slicers and slippery floors.
- Perform approximately 95% of all work indoors, but will be required to work outside to clean QSR areas, take out the garbage during the day or early evening hours, etc.
- Exposure to extreme cold temperatures while performing occasional work in a walk in cooler and/or freezer
- Exposure to occasional noise.
- Work with minimum direction and periodic supervision.
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties, responsibilities, functions and qualifications required of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties and will be evaluated, in part, on performance of the tasks listed in this job description. As with all positions, the responsibilities and duties of this position may change. The Company reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website