CHS Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division for a Truck Driver/Custom Applicator (Fulltime). This position will be assigned to the Chokio MN location but working between Chokio, Morris and Herman MN. As a Driver you will deliver grain, seed, fertilizer, and bulk liquid products in a safe, timely, and professional manner with no overnight travel. As a Custom Applicator, you will promote the proper use of crop protection products. You must have attention to detail, a high energy level, exhibit personal integrity, have an excellent driving record and be committed to safety, customer service, and solving problems creatively. You must be able to work long hours, holidays and weekends if needed. You must have a good work ethic with professional communications skills.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Home EVERY Night
- Benefit eligible employees receive:
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
- Retirement Benefits - 401K with Company Match & Company Funded Pension
- Profit Sharing
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner, ensuring the truck is operated in a safe manner at all times.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and complete maintenance report on any needed repairs.
- Make out daily trip sheet and other documents as required.
- Maintain logs with each shipment, completing daily invoices and reports.
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling grain, seed, fertilizer, and other bulk liquid products.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Maintain cleanliness of your truck both inside and out. Sweep trailers out after each use.
- Ensure on time loading and unloading and communicate with vendors if delays occur.
- Apply crop protection products with a high clearance sprayer or floater.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Educate patrons on products being applied to fields, techniques utilized, and how you can continue to support them with products and services.
- Assist the sales staff in ensuring orders are correct and patron needs are met.
- Perform warehouse work to including driving loader, forklift, mechanics, and maintenance.
- Lift & load up to 75lbs packages of Crop Protection products, 1-2 hours per day.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers as needed.
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned, which may include working at the facility when not delivering product.
- During peak times, work extended hours, including weekends, to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement.
- Valid Class A CDL.
- 2 years or 200,000 miles of verifiable tractor trailer experience.
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist and climb.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and holidays, to meet business demands.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture background
- Bulk liquid experience
- Applicators License
- Chemical application education
- Previous application experience
- Customer service experience
- Forklift experience
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website