CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Refineries group within our Energy division. We are looking for a Temporary Seasonal Laborer to perform duties associated with asphalt products at our terminal located in Grand Forks, North Dakota. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Essential functions for the position are sufficient hearing, vision, speech, manual dexterity, body strength and mobility.
You will work approximately 10 months per year (normally May thru February)
This position will be eligible for benefits following a qualifying period.
- Perform general labor duties throughout the plant, including, general cleanup duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, painting and scraping, jack hammering and soda blasting.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal and the cleanup of material spills.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of pumps, valves, and loading arms.
- Inspect in-use equipment looking for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Assist others in unloading railcars which may require sampling, climbing ladders, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs., climb ladders and work to heights of 55 feet
- Basic knowledge of hand tools (pipe wrench, sockets, combination wrenches, hammers)
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Able to wear required protective equipment including respirators
- Proficient with window-based applications and ability to complete calculations in feet, inches and sixteenths
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Maintain a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Carry valid driver's license
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screen; physical; and background check
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
Experience in mechanical and/or electrical fields
Benefits & EOE
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here..
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website