CHS Northwest has an exciting opportunity at our Ferndale Country Store in Ferndale, WA. We are looking for a Part Time Warehouse Worker to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading customer vehicles, unloading freight trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation and cleaning in the warehouse. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
- Provide excellent customer service; work with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading customer vehicles, loading/unloading trailers, moving and rotating pallets of product, loading customer vehicles and completing documentation.
- Completing sales transactions at POS
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Dispense propane
- Follow all warehouse rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Retail customer service
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift and dispense propane
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must be able to perform simple math problems related to order counts and inventory management
- Must be able to meet certain physical requirements including standing, squatting, bending, climbing stairs and lifting up to 55 lbs. repeatedly
- Must pass pre-employment background check
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Prior warehouse experience
Benefits & EOE
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here..
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website