CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Information Technology group. We are looking for a Digital Product Architect who can build a holistic view of the organization's technology strategy, process and IT roadmap and enables the delivery of business capabilities and technology resources. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing a products technical architecture. A Digital Product Architect needs to have knowledge of all aspects of the technical solution as well as robust business knowledge. They define the structure of a system, its interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through the modeling (data and process analysis) as they work with teams aligning to the strategies as defined by the Enterprise Architects. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be able to provide technical direction to resources outside of direct control and influence teams.
- Responsible for the end-to-end architecture of a solution, including its assembly and integration into the IT architecture principles defined.
- Responsible for translating business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model that outlines the most appropriate software design to achieve critical business objectives.
- Provide directions to technical leads, data or business analysts within product teams to ensure the product is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture, standards and guidelines at the logical and physical models. Ensure current best practices are in place for security and governance and architectural roadmaps.
- Analyze business needs, identify relevant solution scenarios and translate them into architectural models and roadmaps aligned to Enterprise Architecture principles.
- Create and communicate shared view of solution architecture and best practice including design principles & patterns, technology, tools and standards, interfaces, etc.
- Contribute to and execute on IT strategy to ensure alignment with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Maintain a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information and technology assets.
- Partner with business and technology subject experts to translate business requirements into technological solutions.
- Coordinate, review and approve projects to ensure that they are compliant with architectural standards, policies and guidelines.
- Present to stakeholders on how architectural options will meet their needs.
- Monitor and analyze industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impact or application for the organization.
- Participate in digital strategy decisions and provide digital business model consulting within IT teams.
- Help business leaders and their teams think through the technology, business and operational implications of their technology investment decisions.
- Influences the implementation of solutions, identifying resources and developing timelines.
- Effectively communicates risks, issues and alternative options.
- Takes initiative to achieve valued-added results and improve upon solutions offered.
- Develops and fosters collaborative working relationships with the business, project managers and IT team members
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- 8 or more years of experience in enterprise architecture or application architecture, application development and/or systems management to include:
- Relevant architecture experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
- Experience with IT Governance and Lifecycle Processes as well as proven experience in solution design
- Proven experience working with key stakeholders and customers with the ability to translate “big picture” business requirements and use cases into a solution
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile product teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Ability to work independently with little guidance in a collaborative team environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
- Good critical reasoning, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in computer science, information systems or other related field
- 10 or more years of experience in enterprise architecture or application architecture, application development and/or systems management.
- TOGAF Certification
- Previous experience in leading or managing teams as well as coaching and mentoring technical resources
- Ability to ensure quality assurance of the team's technical deliverables and enforcing technical standards for the team.
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Apply on company website