CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Retail Division! We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be a Agronomy Sales Representative. You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to formulate fertilizer applications.
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned medium to large size sales territory and/or level of account(s).
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development and troubleshooting on problem or key local market accounts.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time developing relationships with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost-effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- 5 plus years of Agronomy sales or related sales experience
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with:
- Extensive knowledge of agronomy, including specialty crops
- Utilizing sales tools to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website