CHS Agronomy has an exciting opportunity in our Crop Protection department for an Account Manager. This position will be responsible for the sales and marketing of Crop Protection products in North West and North Central Iowa as part of the Midwest Sales Region. You must be detail oriented, have strong negotiating skills with excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and able problem solve with creative solutions.
This is a home office position. Candidate preferably lives in the North West quadrant area of Iowa.
- Partner with key targeted accounts, engaging their commitment to develop and execute an account level growth plan which is reviewed on an annual, quarterly, and/or monthly basis to meet the organic sales growth plan of the business unit.
- Develop new business and grow existing business to meet regional & personal goals.
- Promote the sales and marketing of Crop Protection products to targeted accounts in their territory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal customers, key industry leaders, strategic community partners, and be involved with state and industry associations.
- Manage the product and technical sales process, analyze targeted markets and prospect potential customers.
- Evaluate market research; adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market & competitive conditions.
- Gain competitive knowledge, creating sales & marketing plans and drive growth in the different segments of the business markets.
- Provide account services, which ensure high post-sales satisfaction, and facilitate positive long-term relationships within the designated geographic area across multiple customer market channels.
- Train & develop new hires, mentor junior staff, take a more senior leadership role within the group.
- Manage resources effectively, clearly defining priorities and expectations.
- Remain current on industry trends and recommend development for cutting edge technology, new product concepts and provide feedback for future product development.
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations, contracts, and proposals.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 8 plus years outside sales experience
- Must be available to travel 75% of their time within the designated territory.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with:
- Selling concepts, products, and programs to a diverse and complex customer base.
- Negotiating win-win business solutions.
- Building strong business relationships with customers.
- Knowledge of the cooperative system / independent sales Ag retailers
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website