Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Provides support to clinical staff to ensure quality patient care in a clean and safe environment. Completes routine tasks related to cleanliness and maintenance of equipment and physical plant. As appropriate, may participate in patient treatment sessions under the direct supervision of clinicians. Assists with the set up and clean up of therapeutic activities. Provides additional support to clinical staff as needed.
Essential Job Functions
Assists with patient care activities as appropriate under the direct supervision of a clinician (ex. ADLs, patient transport, pool, exercise program, etc.)
Assists clinicians in preparation and clean up for patient care. Practices infection control procedures in cleaning of mats, therapy equipment and toys using a hospital approved disinfectant as per hospital policy and procedure and including areas such as waiting area, ADL kitchen, gym, breakout rooms and therapy treatment space.
Maintains a safe environment for patient care activities.
Monitors and maintains inventory of general supplies and equipment. Orders and follows up on receipt of supplies and equipment in timely manner. Maintains temperature logs and monitors inspection of therapy equipment as indicated.
Provides additional support to staff as needed. (pantry order, hand washing monitor, MSDS book, photocopying, voicemails, volunteer orientation, data collection and entry, etc.)
Completes any other duties as assigned.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
* Desired criteria include: Experience working with children, especially special needs children preferred. Excellent customer service skills for interacting with families on site and on the phone.
* AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
* Ability to take and follow directions, physical stamina and emotional maturity, computer knowledge.
Job Specific Contacts
* Constant contact with therapists. Requrent contact with other hospital personnel and volunteers. Working Conditions and Physical Effort Physical Enviornment Outpatient setting including gym, pool, casting, etc. Comments Eye|hand coordination, lifting pulling, walking, concentration, analysis, customer sensitivity, etc. Stamina for standing, transporting material and equipment, assisting with patient transfers. Supervisory Responsibility Comments May assist with supervision and training of volunteers assigned to site.
* Outpatient setting including gym, pool, casting, etc.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
* Eye|hand coordination, lifting pulling, walking, concentration, analysis, customer sensitivity, etc. Stamina for standing, transporting material and equipment, assisting with patient transfers.
Job Provides Direction To
* May assist with supervision of volunteers assigned to site.
Apply on company website