Employment Type: Full-time
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence. Position Objective
This position is responsible for managing the development and sourcing process from supplier allocation through to product delivery. This position works closely with key partners to deliver on the brand vision and value proposition throughout the process.Functional Responsibilities
- Drives product execution ensuring styles are allocated to and received from suppliers with target cost,and delivery commitment information.
- Assists in engineering and resolution of any cost challenges - working with suppliers on challenges and communicating to key partners with a goal of resolving prior to milestone meetings.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier time & action calendars.
- Troubleshoots and resolves any issues pertaining to production or delivery.
- Assistsin the management of all development samples and submits.
- Partners with leader on the on-boarding of new suppliers/countries/factories.
- Drives product execution ensuring styles are allocated to and received from suppliers with target cost, and delivery commitment information.
- Assists in the organization of supplier meetings at NSSC.
- Establishes and cultivates strong relationships with all internal and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position may be found in multiple brands. Some duties may vary from brand to brandCompetencies
- Action oriented
Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Living the Chico's FAS Values and Guiding Principles by demonstrating Customer Focus, Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement and Delivering Results with High Performance.
- Decision quality
Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Interpersonal savvy
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Situational adaptability
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Technical Skill - Communication Skills
The ability to speak and write effectively. Demonstrates fundamental command of language, communicates well using all mediums, and prepares presentations.
- Technical Skill - Negotiation Skills
Negotiating is the ability to compromise in a cooperative effort to reach mutually satisfactory conclusions and results.
- Technical Skill - Organizational Skills
The ability to use time, energy and resources effectively to achieve goals. The ability to meet deadlines, work independently and plan for the future.
- Technical Skill - Supplier Management
The process of managing vendors and suppliers who provide products and services to the company. Understanding the process through which software and hardware products, as well as consulting and training services, are purchased for use in the corporation. This pertains to the development of RFI's and RFP's and understanding the roles each department plays in the process. It includes being able to incorporate necessary technical requirements into contracts.
- 2+ years' experience in production/ sourcing environment within apparel;3 + years preferred
- Costing experience preferred
Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent in Microsoft office suite; emphasis in Excel
- Exposure to FlexPLM or comparable software, preferred
Apply on company website