Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of SAP Application Engineer - SAP Security Depth located in Makati, NCR (Manila), Philippines.
High Level Description
Application Engineers combine a strong technical aptitude with exceptional business process skills. They are responsible for varying levels of business analysis, requirements gathering, process mapping, coding, scripting, automation, system configuration, testing, analytics, agile and integration. They will work within a Scrum and/or Kanban team and are typically multi-skilled with at least one skill considered as an area of expertise. This requisition is for Application Engineers who hold expertise in the area of SAP Security.
Core Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Access Provisioning – creation, maintenance, and termination of user access in SAP Systems, Portal and NetWeaver systems
- Authorization Management - includes activities such as SAP role creation, modification and deletion.
- Security Supportfor Projects– assignment to medium to large scale agile IT projects. May also require to support activities during weekend cutover, or change of shift schedule or travel.
- Audit and Compliance Support - ensures that the team and its processes are compliant with SOX Controls. This also includes engagement with internal and external auditors for any queries regarding SAP authorizations or SAP role design and processes.
- Supports business in helping them identify and eliminate possible or existing Segregation of Duty (SOD) conflicts via the SAP GRC AC Tool.
- Supports business in clearing up audit remediation which relates to SAP access/authorization.
- Reliability and Efficiency - Identifies and drives efficiencies to improve SAP security support provided to business partners.
Non-Core yet Expected Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must have or over the probationary period be able to demonstrate growth in skills related to any of the following: A candidate who already possess any of the following will have an advantage:
- Business Analysis: e.g. Requirements gathering, verbal and written communication with customers, problem escalation, functional testing, specifications documentation, etc.
- Integration operations: e.g. Defining canonicals for API development, Azure API Management, Azure Logic Apps, etc.
- At least 2 years of SAP Security Experience – implementing on ABAP and/or Netweaver and/or FIORI environments
- At least 2 years of experience working in medium to large scale IT projects as an SAP Security resource.
- Technical Knowledge in using SAP GRC Access Controls
- Basic knowledge on IT SOX Controls
- Excellent Communication Skills in both oral & written
- Quick and willing to learn technical standards and policies, skills and technologies to address team capability needs
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Business Analysis, Coding/Scripting, Integration operations, as described under non-core skill expectations
- Experience in implementing SAP Security on Fiori and SAP Cloud Platform is an advantage.
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been doing business in the Philippines for more than 100 years
- Chevron offers a competitive package and an opportunity to extend operational support for Chevron offices in five continents
- Chevron provides career development opportunities to all employees through onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and employee networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and a commitment to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron operates with the highest ethical standards and place the highest priority on the safety and health of its workforce and the protection of communities and the environment
- Chevron advocates work-life balance, promotes a healthy behavior in the workplace, and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- Chevron supports a work-from-home arrangement during the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to operational needs
Recruitment Process and Onboarding during COVID 19 pandemic
HR initial phone screening, virtual panel interview, job offer, medical assessment, onboarding and orientation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website