ETC-TC- Data Science Technical Delivery - Data Engineer
Within the data science technical delivery team, the data engineer delivers data science and analytics solutions, as well as components of the Enterprise Data Analytics platform (big data on Microsoft Azure Analytics). This is a data centric role, that contributes to the scientific process of transforming data into business insights.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Understand the business use of data to support work processes and strategic business objectives. Leverage data, analytics and data science techniques to create business value through solution delivery and/or self-service enablement.
• Identifies, acquires, and cleanses/prepares data (including data architecture) aligned with defined architecture patterns.
• Collaborates with data scientists to identify, build and integrate advanced analytics models into solutions.
• Enables the data scientists to develop the most advanced analytics models.
• Uses an agile approach to develop analytic solutions and technical components of the platform (data ingestion, data preparation, analytics processing, visualization).
• Deploys solution including model, documentation, training, integration.
B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
5+ years industry experience developing data products and/or analytics solutions (business intelligence and data warehousing, data science…)
• Data Architecture, modeling and Integration
• Experience in Analytics/Data Product solution architecture (Hadoop, Microsoft Azure Analytics)
• Experience in Data Extract, Load and transformation technics and tools (Hadoop, SSIS, Microsoft Azure Data Factory).
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data models.
• Data Visualization and Analytics
• Experience with analytics solutions (Microsoft Azure Analytics Paas/Saas).
• Experience in Data Visualization (Spotfire, PowerBI).
• Software Engineering
• Experience in software engineering, Agile and DevOps methodologies and ADO
• Experience with programming languages / scripting tools (Java, Python, R, C).
• Experience with information security management.
• Learning Agility
• Work productively in uncertain and fast changing environments. Finds opportunities in ambiguity; Embraces and adapts to change; adept of learning by doing.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving:
• Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis, determine the root cause of problems and create alternative solutions to solve them in the best interest of the business.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website