• Develop and implement Analytical test methods, train laboratory technicians on new test methods and changes to existing test methods.
• Responsible and co-ordinate with the shift team on taking part in the ASTM Proficiency program
• Administer the Inter-laboratory Crosscheck programs for the Additives, Lubricating oils.
• Implement and practice the Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools in the laboratory
• Responsible for Lab OPEX & CAPEX, keep the expense below the allocated budget.
• Keep the laboratory purchase expenses below the allocated budget.
• Maximize the availability of laboratory equipment for analysis and improve lab's reliability.
• Do the Schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs, arrange internal and external agencies to perform.
• Take part in the Plant commissioning and start-up, including the procedure and testing plan
• Responsible for all laboratory work requested as part of a customer complaint or question.
• Participate in customer visits, audits, and inquiries. Answer questions, present data to customers.
• Provide laboratory support to Sales & Marketing team, manage customer sampling process to support sales initiatives and products testing.
• Work with purchasing and vendors to establish service contracts for instruments and laboratory supply contracts.
• Work with instrument vendor engineers to trouble-shoot, repair and improve the reliability of the laboratory instruments.
• Responsible for maintaining regular inventory of blend packages to meet customers' sampling requirements and work with nominated freight forwarder to ship the requested samples to customers in a timely manner
• Responsible for plant ISO accreditation
• Co-ordinate with Plant IT department to sort-out problem with instrument PCs and LAN network.
• Handling quality issues in SAP by working with Supply chain and Operation Planning.
• Do site-preparation and installation of new analytical instruments.
• Generate precision data on new instruments for getting Technology team's qualification approval.
• Support Technology team's in testing and collecting test result data for new CRS samples under development.
• Support other Labs in sharing/helping the expertise/ best practice of various analytical equipment and test methods.
• Monitor & Improve accuracy and precision of analytical test results.
• Develop SMC for monitoring analytical variation in the test method.
• Support in the round robin tests with other Labs and Technology team's on improving the accuracy of analytical measurements.
• Run special tests for the Non-routine and special samples from the plant under Technical Lead supervision.
• Perform special tests to trouble shoot process plants and new raw material suppliers
• Support Process Engineers with the analysis of non-routine samples and in the troubleshooting of process plants issues.
• Provides backup support for Technical Lead.
• Play an active role in the Laboratory's continuous improvement using Lean Sigma methodology.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 5 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility.
• Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, FTIR, CHN Analyzers, Auto-titrators, Foaming tests, Viscometer, etc.
• A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods
• Strong knowledge in ISO accreditation, rich experience for organizing the team and get certification
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work in a cross-functional environment
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Apply on company website