Posted Date: Jun 30, 2020
Position Title: Chef, K-12 Schools
Location: Stamford, CT
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference? Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That's about 1.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells' promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it's our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
As a Chef with our K-12 sector, you will ensure client and customer service satisfaction is attained by providing culinary resources and support. You may be responsible for managing the departments scheduling, discipline, and/or hiring. You may assist the Chef Manager in developing new menus, recipes, and ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional. Terrific hours!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides frontline culinary resources and support.
- Assists with food cost control, menu planning, purchasing, and ensures food quality guidelines are followed.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Produces and executes catering events.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with marketing and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of culinary management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Hands-on chef experience is required.
- Catering experience is preferred.
- High volume batch cooking and complex food service operations experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Apply to Chartwells Schools today!
Chartwells Schools is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 407078
Apply on company website