Posted Date: Jan 23, 2020
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.Job Summary
This position has direct responsibility and complete accountability for the overall operation of the dining service department.
- Operates the department in accordance with the approved budget, while providing the Client with the maximum value for the dollars spent
- Ensures that the food offered is of superior quality
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs
- Maintains excellent relationships with customers and Client
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team
- Fosters strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- B.S. Degree in Food Service Management and/or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of dining experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Knowledge of P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- ServSafe certified a plus
- Knowledge of financial, budgetary, accounting and computational practices
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 370957
Apply on company website