Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
TRAINING STARTS OCTOBER 26TH !!!
Lumen is seeking upbeat customer service contact center representatives to assist current high-speed internet customers with service-related issues, including hardware and software configurations. All inbound contact is with customers for technical support, there are no sales requirements. Combined with your current computer skills, Lumen has an extensive technical support training program for you to achieve success. This is a full-time, contact center position, located in our Lumen Midvale office. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will begin working remotely from home on a temporary basis. This position will be required to transition to a Lumen office at a later date set by the company. Employees will be provided ample notice of that date, once it is set.
Working at Lumen you'll receive:
- Starting pay $14.29/hr
- A raise in pay every 6 months for the first 2 years
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Extensive classroom training
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,200 per year available)
- Work with customers to identify service-related needs, and to offer the most appropriate solutions; providing world-class customer service
- Diagnoses and resolves basic network and modem functionality issues
- Walk customers through common hardware and software configurations to maximize service functionality
- Provides solutions for customer repair problems or formulates trouble reports
- Interface with customers over the phone providing status updates and ensuring service has been restored
- Schedule a technician dispatch for on-site service calls when necessary
- Escalate appropriate technical issues to upper level technical support when needed
- Requires customer contact and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone with customers
- Must be a flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills when working with customers
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime, is required
- Ability to multi-task in a Microsoft Windows environment and utilize multiple programs for troubleshooting
- Experience with common internet software is preferred
- Six months experience in technical support, customer service, help desk, and/or contact center preferred
Requisition #: 223458
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website