CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the worlds best networking company by solving customers increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Partner in a team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.Job Description
- Partner in an Agile Scrum team environment to be able to design, develop, code, test, debug and support in production of new software or significant enhancements to existing software
- Work closely with business partners and technical staff to create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with product owners in a fast-moving agile team to define and implement effective and efficient automated tests
- Analyzes programming requests for the purpose of assisting integration with current applications
- Build unit tests, debug integration issues and deploy emergency patches as needed
- Build production-quality enterprise-grade systems that achieve target SLAs for scalability, reliability, and performance on schedule
- Prioritize and handle multiple concurrent projects and efforts
- Accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; making clear, specific commitments to deliver results
- Consulting level Typically with 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices
- Deep understanding of agile practices
- Experienced with UNIX system scripting (Perl, bash, ssh, shell scripting, etc)
- Working knowledge of developing microservices using RESTful and SOAP technologies
- Experience with data structuring tools including but not limited to: XSD, XML, JSON
- Experience in working with one or more source control tools like Dimensions, GitLab
- Proficient CI/CD Knowledge (Jenkins, GoCD, Sonar, JaCoCo, JUnit, Maven, Git- or equivalents of these) and static analysis tools
- Experience inModern SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (Mongo) databases
- Experience in Frameworks and Technologies:Docker, Kubernetes, Spring, Apache, Apigee, Splunk
- Experience in DevOps, unit testing, test driven development
- Effective communication & collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
- Self-motivated and acan-do attitude
- Experience in prepaid, postpaid billing domain in a telecom industryis a plus
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 220382
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Apply on company website